Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Washington DC- Where's all the bail out money?

(Picture generously donated by Isaac Olson when he was a bachelor)

So we went to DC last weekend for a fun Columbus Day Weekend trip. Unfortunately, we forgot the camera. No worries, we bought a disposable one, but now we have to get the pictures developed, so you may never see them.


We had a great time seeing the sights (mainly because they're free and because of Isaac's childlike wonder and glee). We did not have a great time trying to eat out. I wanted to have a romantic dinner out, but I almost got us mugged. No good restaurants are open on the weekends because no one lives in DC. I thought I'd found one on what I thought would be an idyllic spot- the shores of the Potomac. Too bad the metro stop was on the edge of the ghetto and we walked in the wrong direction. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if I weren't in a dress and Isaac in a suit . . . he really didn't fit in because he wore his pants on his waist. So after we found the right direction, the restaurant was closed and it only took us another hour of walking to find a restaurant that was open.

I thought we'd really scored when I watched the waiter set a huge chocolaty dessert on fire for the table next to us. It was two (tipsy) businessmen that gladly offered to share the dessert. Isaac said no, but I said yes. Pretty girls win in this situation so we found ourselves with half of our neighbors dessert before our entree arrived. I was so excited to take a huge bite of the chocolate cake . . . that was until my mouth started burning. No not from any left over fire, but what I realized made the fire- rum. Why would anyone ruin a dessert like that? It made me want to cry. However, it did finally prove Isaac wrong on something- turns out I'm not a mean drunk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you would be a fun drunk, did you eat all of the cake and have your dinner too???? mamamalmama