So I guess my picture is not good enough. You wanted details so here you go.
I can't really complain because I've had a really good pregnancy, but here is a list of the joys of pregnancy that plague my daily life:
1. I have to catch my breathe as I go up subway stairs.
2. Every time I walk down the street, I feel like I'm going to pee my pants.
3. I do pee my pants 90% of the time when I sneeze
4. I wake up every two hours at night either to again pee, or with a leg cramp
5. I can't hear because my ears won't pop
6. The hair on my legs has miraculously stopped growing.
7. I answer at least 20 questions a day from my students. Here are some of the more memorable ones:
a. Why do some women have the baby come out down there and some get cut?
b. How do you know there aren't 8 babies in there?
c. Can you video your birth and bring it in?
d. Can I be there when you have your baby?
e. When are you going to tell your husband I'm the father of your baby?
f. Will you eat plantains so the baby will be Dominican?
g. Were you in bed reading and your husband laying next to you and then you put the book down, turned to him and say "I think I'm ready."?
h. What will you do if you baby isn't good at math?
i. Will you be mean to your baby like you're mean to us?
j. Can I call him Aaron Cater?
8. A drunk man in the subway felt the need to tell me I shouldn't be out of the house.
9. I fall asleep every night at 9.
10. My, shall we say "undershirts" are more like sports bras these days.
I hope that satisfies your curiosity. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else.
6 comments:
Yes, I am satisfied. Its good to know that I'm not the only one with sneezing issues. If you have a little accident, you can just pretend your water broke. Its amazing what you can get away with when you are pregnant.
I can't decide which number and letter are my favorite. I am a little concerned about the out of breath subway stairs part. That happens to me all the time. I KNOW I am not prego and I am supposed to run a marathon soon. Uh oh.
I shared this with a few co-workers and they were trying to pick their favorites too. Thanks for the laughs.
Oh, the joys of pregnancy!
This is probably the funniest 'pregnancy confessions' I've ever read. As a mom-to-be myself, I have to say #10 is my absolute favorite. I'm currently experiencing the "my pants won't button" so I have to work some magic with a rubber band and safety pin… ah the joys of pregnancy. :)
(you can thank Stephanie B. for sharing this with our entire office)
The people appreciate these exciting details.
7g is hillarious and I extra sympathize with 1, 3 and 10.
Post a Comment