Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year.  The Snell family came in from Princeton to join us.  We started the morning out by hitting up the parade. I know many people that arrive at 5AM and fight for the bleacher seats, but the boys' level of interest is not worth that fight, so we have our little spot that we roll into just before things get started.  This year Carter was very crabby  but we got him to stay to watch a few of the big balloons.  Jonah just wanted to eat his snacks.
  
 Last year I ordered my meal in, but was not that excited by it, so this year Mickie and I took on the cooking (while Steve Snell slept, see his blog for details).  It actually was fairly easy because we decided to do Cornish game hens that come ready to stick in the oven.  We were both pretty proud of our first ever, on our own meal.
 The boys got along great, especially since Jonah and Peter took turns sleeping, Carter played computer games and Abe was enthralled by the train set.  Here they are taking in an episode of Mickey Mouse.

After the holiday we had a lot of family fun.  Carter and Jonah are really into tunnel forts right now, so we are making them a lot.  Carter often likes to play cave in, where I lay on the floor and then he throws blankets on me.  At one point, I wanted to go doing something else, and then I thought "Why would I stop a game that requires me to lay on the floor and be covered in blankets . . ."



 We also put up our Christmas decorations.  It was a lot of fun because Carter was really into it.  He loved the "shiny balls" for the Christmas tree.  We only had a dozen, so we went to the store to get some more. However, they only came in packs of 40, but how could I say no to more shiny balls for the tree?  Carter spent all afternoon putting them on the tree.  Now I know that you are thinking that there aren't many shiny balls on our little tree, but look at the bottom.  Carter was really only interested in putting them on the same branch. Our poor tree.


No comments: