Sunday, April 6, 2008

All by myself- Don't wanna be all by myself anymore . . .

Or so I sang just a few Valentine's Days ago. I thought that after I got married that I would have a partner to do EVERYTHING with- and then I realized- "Oh I married a lawyer." While his work schedule for the first few months wasn't so bad, it couldn't last. After proving to be competent (his first mistake) he now has more responsiblity which equals longer hours.


Don't worry about me though, I have found several ways to keep myself busy, such as being the assistant softball coach at school. No worries about my abilities. While I have several trophies in my memory box from the years I played little league, the head coach- she's never played. By default she got named head coach because I have French Club every Monday which prohibits me from being the head coach. I'm sure we will have a successful season- especially since Isaac is taking me out today to remind me how to not throw like a girl.


Besides finding new things to fill my time with, I also have learned how to cope with the everyday chores on my own. If you are a blog frequenter, you will remember the pictures of our trips to Costco- once couple bonding time has turned into Kari alone time. It took me a while to figure out how I was going to get the cart up and down the stairs by myself . . . I had to ditch the cart and go a little new age. Yes it looks like I'm packed for a trip, but oh no . . .
















Strangley enough the people at Costco did not look at me funny when I wheeled in and placed my Samsonite in my shopping cart. No one stared as I piled my groceries on top. The check out girl didn't even flinch when I left in the cart as she scanned my groceries and I timidly said it was mine. She just said "I know." The reciept checker guy just asked to look inside with a nonchalant attitude, and as I stood infront of the door loading up the suit case, no one stopped to ask if I'd taken my pills that day or if I was an MRF. . . what won't I do to save on yogurt? Heaven knows!

3 comments:

Who Knew . . . said...

next time you take a trip to Costco call me. I have 2 over sized suit cases with wheels, 2 small suit cases and a big duffle bag. We could do some serious shopping! Imagine the toilet paper we could stock pile.

Suzy said...

That's really funny. I feel your pain about the missing husband thing. Having a husband in grad school seems just as bad. Maybe he is physically here, but he's always doing homework and I'm forced to entertain myself.

Spencer Family said...

Hey you don't need Isaac around to update your blog with you do you? :)