Thursday, June 5, 2008

Take Me Out Of The Ballgame!


The softball season has come to a close. My first time as coach, but it was more stressful than actually playing, because as a coach you have all the nerves and none of the acutal play time. I can't believe she actually just swung at that pitch! However, I was never short of really good pep talks and the never ending "Good Eye, good eye!" The girls had never really played organized sports before, so it was a bit of a strech at time, trying to teach the rules and what you do during a game. I think our season can be summed up by a move made in the last game. One of the girls had a good hit and got to second. When she got on second base, she took off her batting helmet and answered her phone. Just pulled it out right there on the field. When I questioned her about it, she just said "Well Miss, it rang."


It was fun and hey we ended up in second place . . . so what if there were only 4 teams!

No comments: