Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another Steve In the Family

The Olson's like the name Steve, so this weekend Mickie, Isaac's sister, married one to bring the grand total to three!
They were married in the Palmyra temple on
Thursday, so we got to have a fun road trip upstate. Keeping with Stephanie Bishop's blog . . . Who knew that the Palymra temple is the only temple with a clear window that you can look out of? It overlooks The Sacred Grove and apparently when they were building, President Hinckley said that it would be nice to look from the Temple into the grove. It's kind of weird- I just kept waiting for a peeping Tom, but there was none of that.

We had a nice luncheon afterwards at a cute local restaurant with a very helpful staff. So helpful in fact, here is the waiter giving play by play instructions on how to cute the cake. We couldn't get a picture without him!


We had some down time after the wedding, so Steve, the original, took us on an Erie Canal Lock tour. We tried to get them to run the lock while we were their, but they weren't going for it.
We did however manage to get a good group shot at The Sacred Grove. It was a great weekend away from the city!

2 comments:

Who Knew . . . said...

Actually, I knew that. I remember that little fact from the dedication which was broadcast a few years back. Thanks for the plug to my blog!

Kristina said...

Yeah for the Sacred Grove! The Temple looks gorgeous (definitely wasn't there the last time I visited). I think a trip may be in order! You and Isaac look great!