Thursday, July 3, 2008

On The Block

For a random, rather quite block in New York, a lot happens! It's my fourth day of vacation and so I finally decided to post my pictures I'd take a while back and just haven't gotten around to it. So here they are. First of all, they were filming a movie right in front of our building. That telephone booth- not real. They tookout a mailbox and replaced it with the booth. Those things in plastic to the right are actually cameras and equipment.


I was trying to keep my NY cool, because you can't get excited when they are filming a movie on your block. So I was trying to take pictures through the park with out anyone noticing. I don't think I'd make a good paparazzi. Later I was doing my laundry and another man in the building started talking to me about the movie. Apparently, my twiner is staring in the movie (Kirsten Dunst). I was glad (a) someone else was all excited about the movie and (b) here was my chance to be the body double. I tried walking around the building a few times, but alas nothing happened . . .
On a completely different day- a big storm came through and blew done a bunch of trees. Same street, but this time it looks slightly different. Notice the mailbox is back instead of the "phone booth"

Finally, this is my favorite picture, because if you look closely the city came and removed the tree from the street but they left a little something behind . . .

Maybe it was for insurance purposes? Have a good one!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

okay, so the truth of the matter is i've been stalking you for several months now...basically since your very first post. i don't know why i never told you so. i guess it's more fun when it's a secret! let it be known that i've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your exciting life in nyc. i'll continue to read...and maybe i'll even leave some comments.