Monday, September 22, 2008

Locked Doors and New Names

The school year is up and running, Isaac is working hard and well, its fall. After a particularly long week, we were looking forward to a nice relaxing Friday night . . . that was until our door jammed and we couldn't get it. We could hear the bolt turning, but the door just would not open. Here is a shot of Isaac trying to push against the wall to force the door open. Way to go camera phones!

About an hour and a crow bar later (way to go live in supers!) we finally got the door open. Aparently a screw from the side of the lock got stuck in the door jam and that was the problem. Amazingly enough, nothing got broken excpet for the screw causing all the issues. Adventure of the week.

So as part of my new school year, I have a new crop of wonderful names. I often find myself thinking that really parents can get away with anything. So for all of you out there that are parents-soon-t0- be here are some great ideas to negotiate with:
Girls names: Kirsiss, Imetzi, Imalay, Caritza, Andrysailys, Yanellys, Yamilect, Delenia, Juleynne, Yokaira, or Paola
Boys names: Jairo, Rainer, Fautso, Gustavo, Aladino, Argenis, Nashon, Neeson, or Onyx (funny his name used to be Jose, but his mother changed it at the beginning of the year to match his sister's name- Diamond)

7 comments:

Kyle said...

Please tell me that you just made all of those names up.

Spencer Family said...

Yay! I'm glad you blogged again. I was just telling Luke the other day how sad I was that we won't see you guys til Christmas--that's forever away. This growing up and having jobs and responsibilities and living in different states is stupid. We should all move to Hawaii and hang out at the beach everyday. :)

Mickie said...

Ya, I have already locked myself out of our apartment. It wasn't the best time, seeing I was still in my pjs and hadn't showered yet. I did find a nice girl from Colorado to help me though. Anyway I am glad that you guys are having such great adventures. Love you guys!

Kari & Isaac said...

I only wish I did Kyle . . . I only wish

Brittany said...

how do you do roll call? wow! there is NO way i'd survive the first day of school if i had to try and pronounce those names. yikes!

ps - i like that picture of isaac! it's kind of james bond-esque

Michelle said...

I am dying. this is hilarious! thank you for posting. i was in serious need of my kari fix!!!

Michelle said...

ps. I think you need to change YOUR name so you fit in better. Let your kids make it up, so they are involved in the process