Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Take Two


On Halloween, we went to St. John the Divine Cathedral on the Columbia campus. It is the largest cathedral in the US and is very much a Gothic Cathedral. On Halloween, they play the original "Phantom Of the Opera" which is a black and white, silent movie. They have an organist playing spooky music in the background. It was very cool . . . but as my mother pointed out not unique to New York. Apparently you can do the same thing in Provo, UT. (I don't think the concert hall has the same affect as an unfinished, gothic cathedral, but still) HOWEVER, the best part is after the movie they have a parade of ghouls. A whole host of crazy people in costumes walk the aisle and freak everyone out. It was a great way to spend Halloween. I tried my hardest to get good pictures, but it was too dark and many of them didn't come out well. Here are some of the highlights.


This one came down from the ceiling!

2 comments:

Kiley said...

That sounds so cool. When I first saw Phantom of the Opera (the recently released version) I could only think of you and lisetening to your Phantom CD. I'm so glad you were my roommate; what good times we had.

Anonymous said...

Did you want to pee your pants? mamamlamaam I did.... can't get that in Provo