For the last couple of months, Carter has been very aware of his peepee and poopoo. I've debated whether or not to try potty training. I got a book from the library. I talked to friends and family. But I couldn't really decide. He was at the magical age of 22 months, but he was a boy. He likes to sit on the potty, but we have a new baby coming. Back and forth and back and forth.
Finally I decided that we would just try it and see how it goes. If it worked it worked. If it didn't no biggie. After all, public potties are not readily available in NYC and those that are, well . . . do I need to say more? So we rolled up the carpet and let him run around without a diaper on. We'd ask him if he wanted to go potty. Some times he would, sometimes he wouldn't and sometimes he just peed on the floor.
He was getting really pretty good at home until last week when he got sick and wanted nothing more to do with the potty. So fine, I decided to give up. But then it wasn't that easy. You see Carter no longer likes his diaper on and he no longer likes to sit on the potty. Sound like a disaster waiting to happen. Not really. Carter will run around the house, flying free, and then every hour or so he asks for "more diaper." He then runs to his room and lays on the floor waiting for the diaper. After about 5 minutes or so of having it on, he will eventually rip it off and leave it where ever he chooses, soiled.
This has gone on for the last 3 or 4 days. We've had only one or two accidents. So I'm asking - Is Carter potty trained?
3 comments:
Ugh. I so don't envy you. Have fun with that one.
NOPE...............................mammalammama
I'd say that counts. He's just smarter than the rest of us and knows a soft diaper is more comfy than a cold toilet seat!
Post a Comment