Yesterday, Carter and I ventured down to the park just like any other day. He was happy running around, going up the stairs and down the slides. I was happy sitting on a bench just watching him. And then, I observed him as he got down on the ground and intensely stared at something on the step. He stayed there for a good couple of minutes, just looking and poking. I thought this has to be something really fascinating to him like a bug or a rock. Eventually he picked it up and ran over to me to show off his treasure. A lone Cheerio. He squealed with excitement. I could see where this was going, so I reminded him that it was yucky from the ground and asked to have it. He looked offended and ran off, cradling his treasure in his hands. Once he got about 5 feet away from me, he turned, looked at me defiantly and devoured his special treat, then exclaimed "YUMMY!"
This morning I offered him a whole bowl of nice, clean, sanitary Cheerios. It is now 1:44 pm and they remain untouched . . .
3 comments:
Are you surprised?! Isn't this the same kid who loves (or loved, maybe he's over it now) the toilet brush? You should crush up an oreo so it looks like dirt, throw it in the bowl with the cheerios, and see what happens. :)
Btw, Jordan was doing alphabet pages this afternoon and asking whose name started with different letters. Then he said C and I quickly thought of my family and yours and couldn't think of any. He said, "I know whose name starts with C...he's a baby and I like to skype with him." So my kids already smarter than me, nice.
oh carter. and he'd spit out a piece of delicious cantaloupe that day too. at least his wife wont have to worry about trying to be a good cook.
Now that made me laugh.....Granny S
Post a Comment