Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Farm

Last weekend we went out to our favorite pumpkin farm and met up with our cousins. We attempted to do a cousin train down the hay bale slide, but we aren't quite there yet. 
 Carter and Abe love to play together, however their philosophies about play are a little different. Carter likes to connect with his inner daredevil and attempt all sorts of tricks, including climbing to the top of things and then jumping down.  Abe likes a more cautious, lets keep all of our joints intact sort of play.

The boys really loved the maze. Carter and Abe chased each other around, while Jonah and Peter enjoyed a more scenic view of the goings on.

The pumpkin sling shot was also a big hit.  Last year, I was accused of being a bit reckless with Carter's life because I may have let him hang on to the sling shot longer than I did, so this year Daddy got to chaperon the shots.  You can see the little boys in back there with Aunt Mickie cheering on the shooters. 





Despite the looks on faces of the children, we had a lot of fun at the farm.
 We finished the day with some milkshakes and fries at a local burger joint.  The boys played tackle in a church lawn before they said good bye.  I'm not sure what topic Isaac was trying to lecture them on, but they  weren't listening.

No comments: