Jonah is a funny kid. He's in the phase where he is always up to schinanigans. For example, the other day, I was in the bathroom getting ready. He, like always, followed me in. When I wasn't looking, he put something in the toilet, but made sure to keep the lid closed so I couldn't see what it was. He put an entire roll of toilet paper in there and then grinned.
On anther occasion, I had a diaper ready for him to get dressed. While I got distracted with Carter, Jonah took the diaper, and put it into the garbage, when I caught him walking away from the garbage. I said "Jonah, where is your diaper?" He just said, "Uh-oh," turned around and fished the diaper out of the garbage and brought it to me.
This last story is a bit more tragic. Isaac and Carter were out and weren't going to be home for another hour and a half. Jonah loves to knock on doors and then open them. I thought it would be fun to hide in the closet and knock so he could open the door. It was going great, until he slammed the door shut and I realized that the door knob was broken. Jonah quickly realized Mommy was not going to be opening the door anytime soon and started sobbing. Long story short, after about 15 minutes of crying and a heart-felt prayer, I used my MacGyver skills of opening doors with credit cards, but in this case card board. The good news is that Jonah has not given up on playing the game.
Oh and Carter just said, when asked to help clean up, "I died Mommy and died people can't clean up." In our house, died people do help clean up.
1 comment:
See mindless tv does pay off. Granny S
Post a Comment