Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dinnertime

   The pressures of a good, solid family dinnertime are quite overwhelming, and we fall very short of the ideal.  Isaac doesn't get home until late, so the boys often eat their own dinners on their own time.  I very rarely have dinner made at dinnertime, so Carter gets his usual order of chicken nuggets, french fries and either green beans or broccoli.  Now most children I know would avoid the green stuff and go straight for the meat and potatoes.  Not Carter, he likes his vegetables.  We have no idea how this happened, but we'll take it. 

    The other day I was getting his dinner ready and had the bag of frozen green beans out on the counter, before I knew it, Carter started sneaking frozen green beans and eating them.  In fact, he thought it was so fun, he was more that glad to take the bag to the couch and snack on them while watching his shows. 

 Jonah on the other hand, refused to eat vegetables for a long time, even the pureed ones.  That all changed when he figured out he would feed himself with a spoon.  Now he is very willing to eat his vegetables, just so long he can do it for himself.   While I am pleased with his nutritional choices, it doesn't help my laundry/cleaning situation.

No comments: