Sunday, December 9, 2007

Enjoying the Season

We started the week off with putting up our Chirstmas Tree. Now I know that somethings are expensive in New York, but a little known fact is that there are AMAZING $1 stores. You are looking a tree, lights and ornaments all purchased for less that $5! I splurged on the star (you have to right) and I used left over white silk from India for the bows. I have to get rid of all 12 yards somehow . . . Thursday night was a real treat. Isaac had the company Christmas Party. UNBELIEVABLE! The perks of being married to a lawyer- I can't even begin. Here we are all dressed up ready to go. Cute as I may look, I did not get the memo about wearing all black, so I did stick out a little- but hey I was just trying to be festive.I did bring my camera, but I never felt like I could pull it out and take pictures. So these pictures are curtesy of the world wide web. The party was at the Pierre Hotel in Manhattan. The food was amazing. The entire room was covered in buffets- sounds a little low class- but oh no. They had lobster, sushi, prime rib with truffle sauce, a whole table dedicated to dumplings and potstickers. One guy had the job of just cutting fresh mozzerella and tomatoes. There were no side dishes- just an amazing meat selection. Oh and then there was the dessert room. Yep a whole room for dessert. I was a bit disappointed as all chocolate selections came with some sort of alcohol and/or coffee element. Lucky for them the mini cheesecakes were AMAZING. Too bad Isaac limited my intake (or was it all the meat I ate). Well all I can say is that I'm won over by the law firm parties. I don't get anything like this at school- well we did get to eat the left over salad from the PTA meeting for lunch . . .


Next week I will have pictures of our search for the best cupcakes in NYC . . . Have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, it kind of looks like a palace, who would have known that my babba would make it in the big world of lawyerism. mamalmama