Sunday, August 3, 2008

A week of new . . .

names, ottomans, lawyers and contacts. It has been a busy week to say the least. Let's start with the name.
After almost 14 months of marriage, I finally officially changed my name. It took the support of my friend Angela to sit in the Harlem Social Security Office, but I did it. I am now officially Kari Jane Spencer Olson. Whatever- I know what your thinking and yes, I am one of those that kept her maiden name, but after 25 years, who wouldn't be attached? At least I refrained from the hyphen. I was going to post a picture of my social security card and then realized that would not be a good idea, so just imagine it please.
Next, we got a new ottoman. For those of you who have been in my Oak Park apartment or the NY one, it will look familiar to you- especially those that used it as an extention of the coach. It was the brainchild of such shows like Trading Spaces- I made it (or rather watched my parents make it) back in Christmas of '05.

But it was time to upgrade to one that had a solid lid, so here it is . . . (Yes Mom I was sad when I threw it out and yes it was hard to walk by it for a couple of days as it sat on the sidewalk waiting for the garbage man to pick it up- but head held high- I knew it was the right decision for everyone involoved. Besides the new one has two nested stools for additional seating!)
Moving on, Isaac was sworn in this week as an official member of the New York Bar. That's right he passed the test, application, and interview and now is sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the State of New York (plus he is now Steven Isaac Olson, Esquire). I was able to go down to the court house and watch the whole process. Good news- it only took about 10 minutes and then we went out for shakes afterwards!


Finally this week, after many years as a hard contact wearer, I finally switched to soft. So those of you who are aware of my constant pull to the corner of my eye, the watering and lovely blodshoot quality of my eyes, may not be able to recognize me next time you see me. And yes, it should help the lazy eye.
Have a great week! (PS Birthday count down: 16 days!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the ottoman will get over being tossed out, that's just sad. I am glad the lazy eye will be better. I think angela and Whitney will agree. mamalamama