We are well into our terrible twos and with this comes the frequent freak out - some more epic than others. I have a hard time understanding what goes on in his mind. Here's what happened today.
It was getting close to nap time when Carter emerge's from the bottom cupboard with a bag of microwave popcorn. I told him no that it was nap time. This of course set him off. He started screaming "Make popcorn PLEEEEEEEEEASE!" I tell him no that it's nap time. This only makes him more angry and he throws the popcorn at me- so then I tell him that he can't throw things at mommy and I leave the kitchen. He follows me and screams so loud I thought my glasses were going to shatter and he throws the popcorn again. I just ignored him this time and he continued his tantrum for another minute or two. Next thing I know he's sitting on my lap watching Barney with me. After a bit, he turns to me and says "Sorry Mommy popcorn." Picks up the popcorn and puts it back in the cupboard.
I wonder what the next battle will be over . . .
4 comments:
I am jealous? Nope that can't be it. Not it at all. I thought you said this baby had dark hair . . . you crazy?
He is a bit of a drama king, like his father LOL Granny S
and he at least repents of his outbursts. Thats good. Granny S
He apologizes on his own at age 2...this kid is destined for greatness.
Post a Comment