Sunday, August 26, 2012

These are the moments

So most days, I'm ready to give away my children because I'm so worn out, covered in slop, and/or tired of negotiating the demands of a 3 year old and trying to figure out the wants of a 1 year old.  But all the older women on the streets, across the hall and on the subway like to remind me that these days will be over too soon.  (I mostly think - not soon enough!)  But here are some of the moments, that I try to hold on to.  (I have to blog about them or else I'll forget them).

Carter wrestled and chased cousin Abe all over the town square and then gave him a big hug so that he would smile for the camera.

Carter loved climbing to the top of a giant dome (shirtless and shoeless) and getting his friend Jacob up to the top too.

Carter picked a dried up flower in the park and brought it to me.  He was so proud to give it to me and he said "Look at this pretty flower I got you Mommy!"  I have no idea where he came up with the idea to bring me a flower but it was unbelievably sweet.  He then demanded that I give him a flower.  When I gave it to him he said "Ohhhhhhh Mommy, this is so nice."  I then tried to capture the moment on film, but after several attempts of trying to get Carter to keep his eyes open for the picture, I realized he was closing them on purpose . . . he thought he was hilarious!

I put Jonah in the sink to keep him happy and then he thought he needed a drink.  I'm just glad it wasn't the public water fountain.

I love it when Jonah gets food all over his hands and then gives himself a hipster hair do!

Hopefully now in 20 years these will be the only memories I have and not the one where Carter got so mad at me he puked everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid Carter will always be known for his puking abilities. These times will pass, then you will be taking care of me. eeekkk amamlmalama