Jonah is a funny little addition to our family. I can't even believe that a year ago he wasn't here and I was super fat. It seems like he's always been part of our family. It was a rough few months to begin with, but he's since mellowed out considerably.
People are always commenting on how he looks just like his brother and for the most part they are right. But like a mother of twins, I can see their slight differences. Like Jonah has hair. Jonah's ears lay flat. Jonah is fat. He's starting to thin out a bit, but he really is a chunk, which is good because even though Carter tries, he can't pick Jonah up.
Jonah's favorite noise to make is a motor boat. He's always motoring around and most of the time I enjoy it, until of course his mouth is full of food and I am the recipient of the "exhaust" shall we say.
Another comment Jonah gets all the time is that "He's so well behaved!" But what they take as good behavior is what I know as his inability to move. Jonah is a sitter. He likes to sit and watch his brother be crazy. He doesn't feel a need to join in (thank heavens!!). He doesn't even roll over. This might just be my favorite part about him.
Other things about Jonah: his poop smells like a blueberry muffin because his Daddy feeds him so many. He likes to eat anything, anywhere, anytime. He is dangerous in the walker - toes and ankles beware. He loves to take baths and showers. He starts leaping in my arms when I take him into the bathroom when Daddy is showering. He loves his bed.
We just moved the boys in the same room together, and now, Carter will sing Jonah Twinkle, Twinkle before going to bed. Precious, I know.
I can't wait to see how his little personality develops over the next few years, so for now, I'll keep him.
![]() |
| This is his baby author pose. |

No comments:
Post a Comment